Children’s Workshop Series
Registration for the Children's Workshop Series in Winter/Spring 2021 is SOLD OUT.
Each Springfield Ballet workshop engages boys and girls (age 3–8) in an afternoon of fun and dance that includes learning roles from the ballet, crafts, games, a synopsis of the story and a meet and greet with characters from the ballet. No dancer experience is needed to attend this enriching ballet introduction.
Winter/Spring 2021 Workshops: SOLD OUT
All workshops are held at The Creamery
Arts Center. Children are not required to have dance experience to
attend - this is open to all!
Participants should wear comfortable attire (stretch/sweat pants
and t-shirt or leotard and tights), bare feet or dance shoes. Masks are
required to be worn by all participants and faculty members attending
Cost is $32 for both workshops or $20 for one workshop.
Registration and payment deadline is the Friday prior to the workshop.
We encourage you to REGISTER EARLY, as workshops do sell out! Call 417.862.1343, stop by the Business Office or click the registration button starting January 4 to register your child/ren.
Updates regarding COVID: to make sure dancers, faculty and others stay safe while enjoying in-person Children's Workshops, there have been updates made to the program format:
- Reduced maximum participants from 40 to 30 to limit the number of people in the building and in each children's group. There will be a maximum of 10 students per group.
- To stay within building capacity regulations, visitors are not allowed in The Creamery. Students will be checked in at the front door and escorted by faculty/assistants to their classroom.
- Only using studios A, B, and D and each group will stay for the entire workshop in their designated studio, except when using the Exhibition Hall during entrance/exit of the building.
- Each group will have a guest performer experience in their studio.
- Photos and video of each group will be provided to families of the participants after the workshop is complete.
- Dancer pick-up will be at the front door of The Creamery.
- Masks are required by all who are participating: faculty, students and assistants.